My 5 top tips for perfect wedding make-up.
Every time you look at your wedding photos you’re going to see it…..Did your make-up artist do a good job?
- 1. Using a professional make up artist is so important. Don’t be tempted to use friends or do it yourself. Professional Make-up artists apply make-up specifically for photography, which is quite different to normal every day wear
- 2. As a general rule make up needs to be applied at least 30% heavier. So if you do have trial make up session and feel it looks to heavy, don’t be concerned.
- 3.Have a test run, I often suggest my brides have a trial make up for their engagement photo session. What a perfect way to see if the make-up is right for you.
- 4. Once you engage a make-up artist be sure to communicate the times your photographer will be arriving at the hotel or home to start taking your photos., There is nothing worse than arriving at a brides home to find her in a chair having her hair and make-up still done, It’s such a waste of perfect photo time. Generally speaking photographers will arrive at a bride’s home one to one and half hours prior to the ceremony,
- 5. Dont forget, putting your wedding dress on is not a 5 minute job!! My suggestion is tell the make-up artists you need to be ready at least 30 minutes before your photographer is due to arrive. That then gives you time to get dress before your photographer is due to start.
Remember when planning your wedding, timing is crucial. If you’re continually running late, then the day is just going to seem like a blur. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “your wedding goes so fast”, well it does, but you can make sure you enjoy every moment by being well prepared.
If you have any questions about your wedding schedule feel free email us at Studio@diamondphotography.com.au
Article© Diamond Photography and Video